My Blog List

Monday, June 27, 2011

Planning for Fall

Yikes! I hate the thought of fall, it seems we've had no spring and summer hasn't been up to scratch yet either. Too much wet and cool weather. Not that I like it stinking hot and humid but....

I met Satuurday with 3 friends, we are planning a show in September on encaustic painting. Her is a prelim photo for the press release. The show is called FUSION and involves Wendy Orr, Anna Koot, Michelle Salter and myself, Wendy O"Brien.
                                                                       

Each one of us has a different style, which should make for an interesting show. Here is  work by Anna Koot. You can check out more of her work on her new website  http://www.annakoot.com/


I love the sculptural effect in the pears.

I will give you some sneek peeks of the others as we get closer to the date. The actuall show is September 9,10 and 11 at STRAT STUDIO , Stratford, Ontario. We are open 4-9 on Friday the 9th and 12 noon to 5pm on both Saturday and Sunday.                                                                                                            







1 comment:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Just dropped by from "stitchin' fingers" to visit your interesting blog. Being glued to the AC because it's over 100 F. in Tunisia right now, I've enjoyed the variety of artwork you have posted. Attending an art exhibit where only my fingers work up a sweat is marvelous! I look forward to following your work.
best, nadia