My Blog List

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

More from the World of Threads

 
 
I have shown you my two pieces from The World of Threads Festival. Here are some more. I managed to make my opening and went again with friends to see alot of the work in Oakville. We didn't venture into Toronto. It was all I could do to visit all the sights in Oakville. Every time I got out of the car, I got dizzy. not sure if that is the chemo or what.

 
One of my favourite Canadian artist Alice Vander Veenen. I connect to her canoe imagery and like her use of mixed media
 
There were four tapestries by Peruvian weaver Maximo Laura. Spectacular pieces with alot of 3D elements.

Another favourite is Leisa Rich, a Canadian by birth but now living in the US.
 
This one was hysterical, an animated piece..she just kept knitting and knitting. By Liz Ashton

 
Etching and French Knots by Liz Menard
 
Felting by Majolein Dallinga. I love her pieces in her interview page for The World Of Threads Festival. Large pieces set in the woods.

 
The next two pieces are by Emily Jan, my choice is the delicate deer. The Rhino was made of old lace and doilies.

 
Another felter was Jodi Collea, she was the favourite my friend Christine.

 
There were  six locations in Oakville, so this is just a sampling. Looking forward to next year.

No comments: