My Blog List

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

VineArt Donations

VineArt is this Saturday and I finally got my donations done and photographed for posterity. It seems like we are running from one deadline to another. Both these pieces are on the theme of " The River". The first one is machine appliqued woo roving, yarn and bits of glitzy stuff from and old Japanese obi I had made for a theatre production, years ago. It's called "Down River", for lack of a better title. Every piece has to have a name, but sometimes it's tough to come up with something, or it's a last minute thing done under pressure. Thistime it was under pressure as they needed label info and I hadn't even made the piece yet.

The next one is encaustic on canvas with beads, wrapped around cedar branches. It's called "River Run", as the branches look not unlike a boat skeleton. Rather a dark photo so I"m adding some close ups.





No comments: