My Blog List

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Gelatin Prints

Happy New Year, everyone. Yesterday a couple of friends and I tried our first attempt at gelatin prints. We used water base printing inks, I found some of them quite pale and some of these photos don't help. I also tried some acrylic paint , but found it too sticky. As I want to try again on fabric I'm wondering if water base fabric screen printing ink wouldn't be more fluid.



 Some of the ghost prints were more interesting then the first pulls, however I wasn't always sure what to do next . Some I might try transferring to fabric by printing them on the computer, they might make good backgrounds for new work.

The first pull is the top image and the ghost print is below



Anyway I will try some more after I reconstitute the gelatin, it is showing signs of distress. Seems the magenta ink stained it as well.

Onto another topic,; while making Christmas cookies the day before Christmas ( works well under pressure is on my resume), I was making a family favorite, Chow Mein Cookies. the ones with the chocolate, butterscothc chips, peanuts and chow mein noodles. Look what I found inside.



To say the least I was a little shocked and I have contacted the company. I wonder if this is an employee prank or what. Nasty! I'll let you know what happens here.

2 comments:

tess stieben said...

so thats what chow mein noodles are made from!

Nick Hendriks said...

This is outrageous, Wendy! I hope they compensated you for this!
Nick